This internship will provide practical, hands-on experience in the area of special events planning, marketing, public relations, and social media networking.
The event assistant intern will serve as the liaison between vendors, the public, and clients prior to and during events to ensure that facilities, equipment, physical setup and vendors provided meet the requirements of the event and the client's contractual agreement. Assignments include the coordination and supervision of vendors on the day of events, social media networking, client budget analysis, planning all elements of events, design assistance, organization of client and vendor information, providing payment reminders to clients, and attendance at marketing/networking functions. Work is performed under the general direction of Sweetgrass Social Event and Design.
- Responsible for social media such as updating Facebook and creating unique blog posts
- Attending client meetings, which gives you first hand experience on working with clients
- Attending vendor meetings; this is great networking as well as first hand experience with vendor relationships
- Assisting with daily office and planning tasks
- Updating and organizing client portfolios
- On the day of the event intern will be able to assist in every aspect of the event and ensure the client is satisfied
Fall internship position for the period of August 27-December 9, 2012
To Apply email email@example.com with resume, interviews will begin in July.