Give yourself time. Although the application process does not take long, there is a 24 hour waiting period after the wedding application is made before the license can be picked up. Plan to give yourself sometime before the wedding to have all your information together and fill out the application in plenty of time before the wedding. Two weeks prior is usually enough.
Judaical Center is located at 100 Broad street. Just before you get to the Cathedral of St. John The Baptist.
Requirements for Marriage License in South Carolina
- Bride and groom must fill out written application together, in person. This application must contain the following:
- "Both persons seeing the contract of matrimony are legally entitled to marry together with the full name of the persons, their ages and places of residence." This is a sworn statement that must be signed by both parties. It must also be notarized in the office of the Probate Judge, where the license if being issued.
- Valid drivers license
- Original birth certificate or a certified copy of the birth certificate.
- A valid S.C. identification card issued by the S.C. Highway Department
- Current military identification card
- A current passport.
Hours: Monday -Friday
100 Broad Street, Suit 469
Charleston, SC 29401
Phone: (843) 958-5183 Fax: (843) 958-5191
Information: (843) 958-5182
To obtain the form for certified copy of marriage license and to see more of all information included in this blog, visit the Charleston County, Marriage License department online at: http://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/probatecourt/marriagelicenseinstructions.htm