Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Engagement: Bridgette & Asher

Bridgette and Asher share with us a little about their lives together and their adorable love story describing their journey to true love!
How did you meet?
Asher and I met through one of my best friends in college, Cam.  Cam started classes at Charleston Law in fall of 2008, and Asher was in his section and they became great friends.  When I moved to Charleston that summer Asher and I began to hang out more, and we became inseparable and really the rest is history. :) We owe it all to our great friend, Cam!

Tell us about your "engagement story"
Well, this is a funny story.

Asher and I had been talking for months prior about a vacation for Spring Break.  He kept asking me if there was one place that I could go where would it be, and I said, "Disney, of course!" I have had a love for Disney since I was a little kid.  It was the one place that we could go at least twice a year as a family.  Even when I was in high school, I'd rather go to Disney World with my family than to the beach with my friends.  It was just a special place to me, and the place I can always think of and not help but think of my parents!

So for months I had searched for hotels and dates and I had planned out our Spring Break! I did nothing but talk about it for months! So as soon as March rolled around Asher told me to send him all the hotels I had found and he would book the trip for us, so I sent him the hotels I found for super cheap, because I love a good deal! I was expecting a cheap, fun week long trip to the happiest place on earth!

Without me knowing, Asher had been planning a lot more!

Asher had bought me the bike I had been looking at forever but would never buy! He planned to bring the bike to MUSC where I work and he was going to have it outside the hospital when I got off work, with a huge Disney balloon and inside the bike basket would be my ring.  I would find him down on one knee ready to propose, and we would then be off to Disney!! How romantic right??

Well...leave it to me ruin that...I was so excited about leaving for Disney the next day that I called out sick to work!!!

So when I told him the night before that I wasn't going to work, he kept insisting that I HAD TO go to work!  But me being stubborn and completely clueless I told him, "No, we are leaving early for Disney, I don't want to work when I could be at Disney, silly!" So right then and there, in that moment in his apartment when he know I wasn't going to budge about going to work, he pulled out his guitar, and in the case where he had been hiding the ring, he pulled out his mother's engagement ring, and dropped down on one knee and proposed to me! Even though I ruined his big plans, it couldn't have been more perfect!

So we celebrated the rest of the night, and the next morning he showed me the bike and his plans... We laughed about the whole situation, and set off for an amazing week at Disney one day early!
What are some things you both enjoy doing together?
We both have a great love of music, so we absolutely love going to concerts and music festivals.  Bonnaroo has been a tradition for us.  We just love it, and the atmosphere.  We both also love just being outdoors, anything from fishing to hiking.  Whatever will get us outside.  Our newest adventure however is trying to eat at every restaurant in Charleston! We've even thought about starting a blog about it.  We love to be adventurous .  As far as the future goes, we hope to be able to travel as much as we can!


If you had to pick one characteristic you love about one another what would it be?
My favorite characteristic about Asher would be his sense of humor.  The guy literally can impersonate so many voices.  And the random things and jokes he thinks of... I just can't get enough of it, but his sense of humor would also be tied with his huge heart.  He is just a greatly compassionate person!

My favorite characteristic about Bridgette would be her combination of wit, attention to detail, and sense of humor.  She often puts these together to plant a seed that turns into a joke that will ambush you 10 seconds after you realize what she's gotten at.  Without missing a beat, she knows how to put these together when laughter is needed the most and turns your frown upside down in a way you think you've only seen in the movies.  I'm the luckiest man alive because I get to enjoy her for more than just two hours long.

Congratulations Bridgette & Asher!! We wish you a happy engagement and a long and happy life together! Thank you for letting Sweetgrass Social be a part of this special time in your lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog