Friday, June 1, 2012

New Engagement: Kristy and Timothy

Love at first sight

Kristy and Timothy were two American’s living in Hong Kong; they will be getting married this September! This unique love story is a real case of “love at first sight”. Kristy and Timothy give us the inside scoop of their foreign romance



















How did you meet? – “I was having dinner with my good friends Dave and Jen and Dave kept saying I needed to meet a great guy.  He kept bugging me and asking me to point out a guy who was my "type" in the bar.  I finally did from across the room (I pointed at Tim) and he finally quit bothering me.  Somehow Tim's friend Marelize bumped my chair and we ended up meeting that night.  Tim gave me his card and the rest is history.  We were all watching the World Cup that night in Hong Kong.”

How did you become engaged?- “We were getting ready to go to brunch with our friends on the weekend and it was just before Christmas.  Tim said he wanted to have a picture taken by the Christmas tree.  You would have to see this tree to understand, but it's the world's tiniest "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree.  We didn't have a big tree since we planned on spending Christmas in the US with our families.  I told him we could take the photo later but he persisted and said he had decorated the tree and everything.  Wondering how in the world he could decorate such a tiny tree I walked over to find the ring under it.  He walked over, took it from my hand, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.  I responded with OF COURSE!!  Our friends are still picking on us for being late to brunch.  Ha ha.

What are some things you both enjoy doing together? - Tim and I love to travel and we've seen most of Asia together over the past 2 years.

If you had to pick one characteristic you love about one another what would it be? – “I love that Tim has such a kind heart.  He's truly a great guy and I'm so lucky to have him in my life.”
Tim says he doesn't love any one thing about me, but everything about me...well that was super sweet.

To see their love story in film check out this great video!!


Like us on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog