Thursday, June 14, 2012

Real Engagement: Amy and Trent

Amy and Trent!


How did you meet?

During out freshman year of college at the University of Georgia, we met briefly at a social event in downtown Athens through mutual friends. We realized during that quick encounter we were in the same biology class. About a month after our meeting, I was sitting in class and received a text message from an unknown number asking if I was enjoying the Biology lecture. I realized it was Trent and immediately texted him back. We walked home from class together that day, not realizing that we were about to start a five-year courtship that would eventually lead us down the aisle.

How did you become engaged?

Trent: Amy and I love to travel, and this past December we took a trip to St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands. While we were planning our trip, I decided I was going to ask Amy to marry me. I decided to pop the question after dinner on our second night there. Usually being a pretty cool and collected guy, I was surprise by how nervous I was to ask Amy to be my wife, especially because we had already dated for over five years. It was such an important decision, but it was one I knew was going to make me the  happiest man in the world. After the proposal, it has been nothing but exciting times. I am so grateful that on August 25th I get to marry my best friend.

 

What are some things you both enjoy doing together?

Traveling, trying new restaurants, spending time with friends and going to the movies.

If you had to pick one characteristic you love about one another what would it be?


Trent: "She makes me want to be a better man"
Amy:  "He is so patient and always knows how to make e feel better when I am down. "












No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog